Here’s another one of those “it depends” questions: Is social media better than traditional media? Well, it depends…
- Is television advertising better than radio?
- Billboards better than newspaper?
- Direct mail better than email marketing?
- What are you attempting to accomplish? (your goals/objectives)
- Who are you attempting to reach/influence? (your target audience)
The question of whether social media is *better* than traditional media is a good one, though, and it’s one that more small and mid-sized businesses should be asking (and large businesses as well).
- likelihood to effectively reach the desired target audience
- likelihood to effectively engage the target audience in the content
- likelihood to generate the desired response